Laura Multitasks!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

New Glasses and Sunglasses!

Mum and I went to the eye doctor, and it turns out, I was right. My eyes have changed. Well, one of them has. Lefty stayed the same, righty is one point worse, because my eyesight HAD to get worse than it already is.

Sigh.

I thought I'd have a horrible time picking frames, but after trying on a few, I picked a tortoiseshell pair with blue on the inside. I can't accurately describe this. You really just have to see them. Which you will, when they arrive and I take pictures, because yes, I forgot to take pictures of the glasses I chose.

I also found a pair of sunglasses I loved, and I showed them to Mum, who put them on because the only way I could see how the frames looked without squinting or standing half an inch from a mirror was to have someone else model them for me. They looked cute.

"These are so comfortable!" Mum exclaimed. "They are the most comfortable glasses I've ever put on!"

Now, to understand why this is a big deal, you have to know this about my mum: her nose was broken something like three times during her childhood. Then the doctor broke it again when he fixed her deviated septum and all the damage done by the previous breaks.

When all this was said and done, Mum was still left with a bump on the side of her nose about where the nose-piece of all glasses goes. So, most glasses hurt. To say these sunglasses were comfortable was a BIG DEAL.

And that is why Mum and I will have identical sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS