Laura Multitasks!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

October and November Favorites

I just looked back over the archives and realized I forgot to give you my favorite books of October. And since I am due to give you my favorites from November, I'm going back in time to give you both months in one post, because I can use my supreme powers as blogger to do that.


My favorite October book (and, let's face it, one of my favorite books of the year) is Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. It is the third in her Raven Cycle, and it was absolutely amazing. I love this series so much. I actually ordered a signed copy from Maggie's local indie bookstore because I wanted a copy she'd doodled in. I read it and then listened to the whole series on Audible, because Will Patton does such an outstanding job narrating the series. I fangirl Will Patton. He should narrate all of the things.

My favorite book of November is Glory O'Brien's History of the Future, which was terrific. I highly recommend it.


A.S. King is one of the best YA authors around, and her work continues to surprise and impress me.

And, because I'm me, I spent October listening to Howl's Moving Castle, The Castle in the Air, and The House of Many Ways (all by Diana Wynne Jones) repeatedly. And then in November, I listened to The Raven Boys, the Dream Thieves, and Blue Lily, Lily Blue. I then started The Raven Cycle over again, because that's just how good Will Patton is at narrating books. Why start a new book when you have one you love AND Will Patton narrated it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS