Laura Multitasks!

Friday, February 9, 2007

Classes

I apologize, everyone. I seem to ignore the blog whenever classes begin, which is a terrible way to treat you. However, I learned from prior experience that if I begin work on the blog shortly after classes start, I don't slack off as much.

Ha. Yeah. Maybe...

This semester I am taking only courses I want to take. For fun. Unusual, I know. How can a person like me handle it? I mean, piano? Journalism? These classes are just pulled from thin air! How can I survive without some course that makes me absolutely miserable and makes me want to drop out and join the circus?

I might be able to handle it.

In truth, sitting here, holding my brand new, clean, wood-scented Editing Pencil (no eraser, editors don't make mistakes) I can think of nothing negative about the courses I am taking.
It's the weather I keep thinking about. It is cold in Indiana right now, so cold that one cannot feel one's hands after mere seconds in the elements. And classes are not all in one building, certainly not. Plus I have to park.

I began the week in a pea coat, military cut, of a charcoal coloured wool. I went to Fort Wayne, spent some time with Mom, and ended up coming home on Monday with something better suited to the weather, a coat that completely erases any hint of "womanhood" from my profile, but makes me more toasty warm than I can ever remember being in a coat of any kind. I spent the beginning of the "winter" here knitting up a pair of pathetic excuses for mittens. I love them, nonetheless, but I have noticed something while wearing them and the new coat.

They don't match.

Sure, both are blue, but it looks as if a new set of knitted mittens are in my future. That is something I dread.

Here's the thing: no one ends mittens in a good way! I can't bind off without them looking pointy or just square, and I hate it. I solved the problem on my first pair by kitchner stitching the end like a sock, then sewing the corners on the inside to make it look rounded. It feels TERRIBLE on the inside, plus it makes the mittens feel too small for the pinkie fingers. And the thumbs are in the wrong place.

I bet I'll have to make another pair anyway. And then a matching scarf, since the one I just made looks nasty with the coat.

I miss the warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS