Laura Multitasks!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mother's birthday!

She is still older than me.



Since it is her birthday, how about a Laura's Mom story?

Once upon a time, a long long time ago, when Laura was a wee lass, she was making a cake with her mother...

Mom and I had decided to make a cake. This usually preceded the two of us eating the cake.

Usually, we iced it the second it came out of the oven, the icing slid off, and we ate it with or without the icing. Why not?

This time, Mom had just finished pouring the cake batter into the pan and sliding it into the oven.

I was a very good little girl. I didn't try to eat the cake batter. But when Mom used her finger to scoop up a large portion of the lovely yellow cake batter and held it out to me, I could not resist.

And then she shoved her cake-batter-covered finger straight up my nose and I spent the next week smelling vanilla, no matter how many times I blew my nose.

I love you Mom. Happy birthday.

1 comment:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS