Laura Multitasks!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I Have the Best Brother--Ever.

It's true. Paul is the best brother.

I know he has been guilty of eating my food from time to time, but that is all forgiven now.

You see, I am dying, more or less. Mostly less, since I seem to still be alive at the moment and will likely remain to be for some time in the future, but I don't feel well so leave me alone.

I went out to eat on Monday with Paul and Dad. Then I went to sleep, and then I woke up at about two and Something Bad Happened.

I won't even tell you. Let's just say: it was unpleasant. And it involved throwing up.

I don't even know what day it is right now, either. Do you? I bet my computer would tell me, but I really don't want to know how many days I have lost to this stomach thing, and I know Rachael is going to tell me anyway. I'd rather just hear it the once.

Mom is--was--at her dad's house. So I was all alone, and I slept until 7:30 in the evening...it would maybe have been...yesterday? And I said to Paul: "Growing up is a miserable thing, when you get to the age when you are sick and there is no one to make you soup."

And then, do you know what?

Paul made me soup.

He made it from scratch, too. I had taught him many months ago, and he remembered. And it was good soup. Very good soup. And now it is gone, and there are no more ingredients for soup-making in our house. And I am sad.

But the memory of The Good Soup Paul Made remains, so I suppose I am still better off than without it. The memory, I mean. And the soup.

Two things: I am going to the doctor tomorrow to find out what is making me die. And I am surviving by watching Poirot given to me by Rachael. Thank you, Rachael. And I really don't want to know how long this stomach thing has been going on. Really. So tell Sally, but not me. You can tell Ashley! And Beth! But not me. Please?

6 comments:

  1. When I hear stories like this it makes me wish I had a brother all the more (I have three sisters, but always thought it would be cool to have a brother). Hope you get some answers and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now feel bad for asking if your stomach thing was better, like answering the question brought it down on you :-(

    Feel better! And hopefully next week there will still be apples waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael: You so did not bring this down on me, eating a huge plate of Mexican food following my many earlier problems did. I did, however, really like the Mexican food. It was tasty. And I thought: Eat spicy food with the confidence that your stomach is well, and you will be CURED. Except...it didn't so much work that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melynda: I really really really wanted a sister growing up. And now I know the truth. I would have killed her.

    That isn't to say that I wouldn't have really loved said sister very much. Because I would have. I just think that maybe, giving me a sibling that could possibly defend himself from my mud-pie-slinging, stick-whipping, rock-flinging child self might just have been a good call on God's part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your story, I must conclude that Paul is not your real brother. Sure, he has a family resemblance, you have the same parents, and his birth certificate might verify all of this. But no brother should be that nice. He's supposed to spend his time taunting you, wrestling you to the ground to sit on you, and placing rubber spiders in your bed. Paul just doesn't know what it means to be a brother...

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so my real brother, Jenn. He is just AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS