Laura Multitasks!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Rant--Averted

Today I sat down to write a long and scathing post about the daft idiot who so blatantly misunderstood Mark Twain's novel Huckleberry Finn that he decided to rewrite it*. Thankfully, I discovered that my friend and the other half of the Magic Hoodie Literary Society, Bailey, had beaten me to it! Not only had she covered each and every point I'd planned to, she also managed to do it without calling the lineage of Alan Gribben into question, calling him a fascist, or burning his image in effigy. I'm not saying that's what I was planning to do, but we all know it was.

Not only was Bailey's commentary on the situation excellent in every respect, she also managed to write it while on a very tight graduate school application deadline.

This is a huge achievement!

I am super-proud of her, and I hope you will all enjoy reading her blog as much as I did. At the very least, I hope you'll better understand why I think Gribben and his kinfolk, not to mention his publishing house, should be walled off a la The Cask of Amontillado.

Read Bailey's take on the situation!

*What makes this all the worse is that Gribben is, in fact, a Twain scholar. Meaning, he specializes in studying the work of Mark Twain. This means that 1. he should know better and 2. he doesn't.

1 comment:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS