1. I am still sick.
2. I will be working every night this week, except for tonight and Friday night.
3. I am alone.
4. Dad and a spoiled cat and dog might be in the house too, but none of them are paying any attention to each other.
5. Also, I am sad.
6. Mostly because I don't have an audience.
7. I want cookies. Or cake.
8. I want someone to bake them for me. From scratch.
9. I know that's not going to happen.
10. I can't make cookies or cake, because we are out of butter and oil and we have hardly any eggs. We have, like, one egg.
11. You cannot make brownies without eggs. You also cannot make peanut butter cookies, chocolate cake, or that pull-apart cinnamon bread that Joy the Baker was talking about.
12. I could buy the groceries, but I'd have to wait until Friday night to do the baking and--it's not going to happen.
13. Pouting is not going to change that.
14. No, really. I mean it.
15. Getting into a staring contest with the cat does not make my life less pathetic.
16. Neither does talking to the cat in meows.
17. I should probably go have a popsicle and stop whining. But that means getting up, and you know what?
18. I think we both know that isn't going to happen.