Laura Multitasks!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

All rolled into one

Those of you who know me well, or at least those of you who read my blog often, will know about my Twilight issues.

I have big issues with Twilight.

For those of you who love it, I will say two things: 1. No other contemporary young adult series has better implemented the use of a literary hook and 2. Stephanie Meyer knows how to write books that appeal to a large untapped audience, making them more likely to become readers due to their affection for her novels. Oh, and 3. She knows how to make money. This is good when you're a writer, because money is quite often in short supply, even when you are already published.

If you want to know some of my many issues with the series, and with Bella as a role model in particular, you can go back through the archives and hunt some down, because there are plenty.

Or, you can read this great thing that my friend Rachael, knitting goddess extraordinaire, sent to me. Behold!

Thank you Rachael! This is every anti-Twilight rant I've ever had, rolled into one. I love this! I have read it again and again, with utter pleasure, because it gives me joy.

I hope you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS