Laura Multitasks!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Ha! I knew it!

I knew I wasn't alone.

I knew that somewhere out there, someone else was picking up that edition of Wuthering Heights and saying, "What the *%@&!?" Or, if not that, at least looking at it and noticing that there was some freaky something going on in the publisher's brain that made them think: This book will sell if I...

What am I talking about? How cruel and insensitive of you to forget, gentle reader. I am referring to this.

Did you read it again? Good.

Now read this, by Gayle Forman, author of one of my favorite books and the only novel that has ever made me cry in public (I won't tell you how many times), If I Stay. She doesn't blast the Twilight edition the way I did (and would be happy to do again), but she does look at it from a publishy sort of angle. She also tells us what it's like to be a YA writer in a Twilight-infused market, which is a good insight.

But more than anything, she makes me feel better. Why? Because someone else picked up that edition of that novel and did a little analysis.

Another thing that makes me feel better is this. Written by someone very like myself.

It's good when we don't feel alone.

While I'm ranting--read If I Stay! I have it on my Kindle so I can keep it with me always. And then I cry in Culvers or at the circulation desk, and people think I'm crazier than they thought I was already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS