Laura Multitasks!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hopefully the LAST UPDATE!

My surgery was a huge success! They went in laparoscopically, took out my evil gallbladder, stitched and glued me back together, and sent me to recovery. The surgery started at 2:00 p.m., and Mom was able to call everyone up and tell them I was doing great by around 4:00, while I was waking up from the anesthesia.

My first question upon waking up? "Do we have exit polling yet?" Yes, I love politics. No, there were no good numbers. Yet.

They sent me home at about 11:00 p.m. I slept. I spent the whole of Wednesday sleeping, for the most part and keeping up with the WGCC via Twitter. Today I woke up on my own at five, ate cereal, went back to sleep, woke up again at ten-ish, and have been up ever since.

My coworker, April, came by with lovely flowers from the library. I feel totally spoiled to work with such amazing people! Thanks, everyone!

Paul picked up the last bit of yarn I need to finish my shawl and today I am binding off while watching Castle, season 2 and eating.

See, I can eat now. Without feeling sick. Already! This is wonderful.

And that is your update: I am feeling loads better and can't wait to get some Biaggi's! Until then, I will be knitting and wearing my French Press Slippers, which are warm as toast and don't fall off when I walk. That is important when you are stitched together on the inside. THANK YOU, MELYNDA for such awesome slippers! I thought I loved them before--now I love them even more.

2 comments:

  1. haha- you are too funny, thanks for the shout-out! It sounds like you are in good spirits- that makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in VERY good spirits, though I'm not sure if it's because I can actually eat without suffering for the first time in months or if it's the drugs they sent me home with. All I know is that my toes are toasty, and it's all YOUR doing! *hugs* Thank you again, Melynda!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS