Laura Multitasks!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Falling Apart

Yesterday I was working with a student assistant and she said, "I have to go to the orthopedist tomorrow."

And I said, "Why?"

And then she bent her wrist and I saw that she had a BUMP where her hand met her arm bones, and I thought, "Oh." And she said, "I have an inflamed cyst on a joint." And then I bent both my wrists and one was normal and the other HAD AN IDENTICAL CYST TO HERS.

Because I am me, I then poked, prodded, bent, and pressed my wrist in many ways. Now my wrist bump REALLY HURTS.

I also did some research, and it should go away on its own, except that I'm supposed to rest my wrist and not use it so much and that means NO KNITTING.

I am still knitting.

So it turns out that there is a great likelihood, should you describe a personal oddity or disease to me, that I already have said disease or oddity. So new rule: Never tell me about your health problems.

I am thinking of getting a wrist brace, so I can still knit.

I bet this problem is because I'm not allowed to be happy. For the same reason that things break as soon as I buy them and also my family gives me stuff they don't want just as soon as I manage to herd together all the stuff I don't need and take it to Goodwill, because my room just has to be cluttered.

Typing kind of hurts.

Part of me feels like the bump is ALIVE and trying to kill me, and it creeps me out in the same way the description of a bruise does; I know it will not kill me but it freaks me out nonetheless. It is like having a spider UNDER MY SKIN only I cannot kill it or get rid of it. I am mildly freaking out.

Mom says she has had these before. I feel like there should have been some prior warning about that. Have any of you had these? What should I DO?

*panics*

2 comments:

  1. Find a heavy book...you should have one or hundreds of those. Take a firm grip on said book, and give that cyst a good WHACK!!

    Now, don't you feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOO! Not only does that not cure the cyst, it causes further injury and it will COME BACK. That's what the Mayo clinic told me.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS