Laura Multitasks!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Goals for Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day of my 5K. I'll wake up early, head to town, pick up my timing chip, and generally freak out.

On Wednesday, I joined a few coworkers and tried the race route. Shockingly, I ran the whole way. It wasn't as awful as I thought it would be.

I don't know what that means for tomorrow, but I have a few goals. And because I am me, I have written them down.

1. Finish the 5K. This is pretty straightforward. I don't care how long it takes. What matters is that I cross both the starting line and the finish line. I can cross the latter on a stretcher for all I care.

2. Run the whole thing. This is harder, and I might not accomplish this goal. It's going to be HOT, and there will be big hills. I have trouble with my asthma in heat. Hills are just hard. We'll see if I manage to make it from the start to finish without having to walk to keep from passing out.

The third goal is bizarre and more related to irrational paranoia than valid concern. But still.

3. No stress fractures. This is a worst-case scenario and nothing I can really control. Running on shin splints can cause stress fractures. Here's hoping I've had enough milk through my lifetime to keep it from happening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS