Laura Multitasks!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wow, what a jerk.

I used to love watching politics on television, but the whole thing changed during President George W. Bush's two terms in office.

I would watch speeches, listen to press releases and news stories, and observe Donald Rumsfeld, who my gran referred to as "Smilin' Joe" with rapidly increasing frustration. And sure, I'd get angry. I would talk about how sad it was that we ended up with an idiot with an idiot squad, elected to lead our country.

See, I did not like the man. But if I had ever seen President Bush, I would have held my tongue, shaken his hand, and been as polite as I could be, because like it or not, he was the president, and you respect the office even if you don't respect the man.

Now we have a president I love. He is amazingly cool, he works hard on everything that comes across his desk, and he really tries to listen to people who disagree with him as well as people who agree. This is evidenced by the health care debate as well as a staggering list of other topics.

When I came home from work last night, it was just in time to listen to some freak heckle the president, calling him a liar on national television, as well as in front of leaders from both parties.

That was a bad, bad move. Not only did he show himself to be a freak of nature, he also polarized both sides of the aisle--against him! People booed him, which he deserved, but that's the least of his worries. Now the world knows him for what he is. A psycho.

Agree with the health care plan or not, there is a thing called basic respect that that guy totally doesn't get. And while I would love to point out everything that he did wrong and is doing wrong, I'm not going to because I found an article that says it so much better than I could when I'm still mad at it and without a vast amount of research into this man's life and history in politics--an effort I don't want to expend right now.

So--read this. And tell me what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS