Laura Multitasks!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 18: I SEE A DIFFERENCE!

Well. It happened. I looked in the mirror, and I noticed a difference.

Last week, Paul told me HE could see a difference. I thanked him, and it felt good that he said it...but Paul was straight-up lying to me, we all know it. Or maybe he did see a difference, because he turned around from the Wii for a moment and realized I was not a disembodied voice. Who knows.

But now I see a difference.

It is not a big difference. But who the heck cares? I am getting FIT!

(This would be the part where I show you a before/after photograph. Except I took no before picture. Because no one wants to look at the before.)

Meanwhile, in the saga of bone/joint/muscle pain that is my life, I have a giant bruise on the top of my left foot from dropping a 50+ pound roll of paper on my poor defenseless foot on Thursday. The other ankle screams every time I flex it from the random twist-related injury from last Friday. The shin splints are still there, still splinty.

And so I have made an executive decision.

Since my various agonies are making it hard for me to keep up with my self-inflicted demands, I will be heading to the shoe experts in Fort Wayne on Saturday to get fitted for actual running shoes.

My original plan had been to reward myself with new shoes AFTER completing 30 Day Shred. But the agony has forced a change. I'll have to think of some other reward for completing 30 Day Shred. Maybe a cheap one, as I'll have spent goodness-knows how much on decent shoes.

And my wimpy-girl running program starts next Monday. Erin and I will be making a valiant attempt at becoming runners. Heh.

3 comments:

  1. What is this "wimpy-girl running program" you speak of? I'm seriously curious.

    And go buy yourself some new shoes! You deserve it! (And shoes have this uncanny ability to look sad & lonely on your floor, thus guilting you into putting them on & putting them to work.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the variations of the Couch-to-5K programs. I have them pinned: http://pinterest.com/darcybear/ugh-really/

      Lonely shoes sound sad. I would definitely use them LOTS if they looked lonely!

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS