Laura Multitasks!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Ice and What Came After

Today I got out of my car onto a  sheet of solid ice that looked like water to me, so I was unprepared. I slid and slipped around like I was qualifying for the Sochi Olympics, then I went down. HARD.

I dropped my new lunchbox in the dirt, too. I'm going to have to go home and carefully clean it. And these pants, which are now filthy from the ground. At least they aren't covered in salt, because, that's right! No salt is put down in that parking lot, because it may damage the concrete. (I think damage to people is something we ought to worry about more than damage to parking surfaces, but that's just me.)

Meanwhile, now my neck hurts.

If you've been following this blog lately, you'll know I've been repairing myself after a car accident. For most of the fall, I could not turn my head. Now I  can turn my head AND look up at the same time, which was a physical impossibility about until three weeks ago. I was very proud of this accomplishment, and if this wipe out takes my accomplishment away, I will be an unhappy Laura.

Also my rear hurts, but that is because I fell on it an hour and a half ago, not because I was in any car accidents.

I may end up coming to work tomorrow in a full body cast.

I see no down side to wearing a full body cast. It would prevent injury. Also I would get to spend most of my time sitting down. Or lying down. Or maybe both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS