Laura Multitasks!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bug Eating and Run #7

I went to Death Trail for my run, by myself again because The Brother thinks W.O.W. is more important than my continued existence. I wanted to try Week Three of the running app before I died in front of Jen. I mean, Jen is tough, but I don't know how she would feel about having to drag my corpse off the trail by one of my legs so that the disc golfers at the park can play through.

And do you know what? Week Three doesn't suck. I don't know why. It is likely horrible, but by some miracle, it wasn't as bad today as it will be later. But I did okay.

Week Three includes a five minute warm-up, * 90 seconds of running, 90 seconds of walking, THREE MINUTES of running, 90 seconds of walking, then you repeat from *, and then you have a five minute cool-down. And it didn't suck.

When I finished the run, I was really proud of myself. I mean, when I was going to gym class every day, I couldn't run three minutes without stopping to breathe. Granted, I had raging undiagnosed asthma and allergies then, but still.

I am still pretty proud of myself.

Also today I ate a salt-and-vinegar cricket. It was like a potato chip, only with more legs.

Photographic evidence:

Photo courtesy of Emily, who is on the right
My face says, "Why did I agree to this, someone save me, I am dying on the inside, what is my life?" Emily's face says, "This was my idea." Jess' face says, "Let's do this!"

Really. Potato chip. More legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS