Laura Multitasks!

Friday, September 5, 2014

My Brain HURTS

As I write this on Thursday, it is the fourth migraine day in a row. It's gone on since Monday. As I write this, I'm lying in the dark in my room with the brightness setting on my laptop at the lowest point possible, waiting for some kind of relief.

I developed this migraine halfway through our zip-line tour on Monday. It was dreadful. I barely made it home before I threw up. Migraines do that. At that point, scents, light, sounds--they all HURT. Tuesday I still had a headache, this time on the other side of my head. By the time I left work, it was a migraine. Wednesday it was back on the other side of my head, and a migraine. I slept half they day, felt better, went to work, and came back home with another migraine.

This morning, migraine. It's dreadful.

I've decided that there's only one way to stop this, and I need help. I think if we go all medieval on this problem, it will get better. Someone should come over here with a drill, and we'll relieve the cranial pressure Hieronymus Bosch-style.

Detail from The Extraction of the Stone of Madness by Hieronymus Bosch. Museo Nacional del Prado, Madrid.

Okay. Maybe that's not rational. And, unless you are really crazy or on drugs or have a doctor telling you need brain surgery, you don't go drilling holes in your head. But at the moment, it feels like anything would be better than this.

Before you start worrying, I have seen a doctor about this before. Migraines, in my case, are caused by either allergic reaction--caused by a sinus headache gone awry or eating nitrates (found in processed meats like hot dogs or lunch meat)--or by hormone levels. It could be either thing this time. I ate an awesome sandwich with hard salami on it on Monday. It also could be that this is the week off the pill I take to prevent endometriosis--which is a hormone regulation pill. Either thing could have caused this.

Knowing what's causing it doesn't make me feel any less like a character in a Monty Python sketch, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS