Laura Multitasks!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Best YA Books of 2014 (According to Laura)

It's 2015, which means it is time for a list of the YA books I enjoyed the most that were published in 2014. I narrowed this list to my top five YA (and one adult that teen-lit lovers will also love). I stuck to YA because I read more of that than adult--Teen librarians tend to do that. These are all upper YA. If you want recommendations for younger teens or tweens (or middle grade readers or intermediate or easy readers or picture books), let me know and I'll set you up with another list.

I've linked to Amazon for all of these just because it's easier, but you can also buy them at any online bookseller, local indie bookstore, or check them out at your local library!


5. Conversion by Katherine Howe. Set in a girl's school in Massachusetts, this novel explores the panic in Salem that led to the witch trials in flashbacks while following a similar mass-hysteria case in contemporary times. Do the girls have conversion disorder? Is the problem supernatural? All this goes on alongside the narrator's struggle to keep up her GPA and make it into the ivy league.

4. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I can't even tell you what goes on in this book, because it would give away everything. Trust me.

3. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. This is the start of a fantastic epic fantasy series. It's marketed to adults, but teens will love it, too. The only problem I have with this book is that the next two in the series aren't released yet. LAURA WANT NEXT BOOK. That is all.

2. Unmade. This book ripped the heart right out of my chest, which is something Sarah Rees Brennan does to me quite often. Usually she puts it back again. Usually. Bravo, Sarah. I can't wait to read what you come up with next! This is the last book in a trilogy, so start at the beginning with Unspoken.

1. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. Everything about this book is flawless. I could read it agian and again. Which...I have. I also have been listening to this series in and endless loop on Audible. That is just how good it is. I want to quit my job and move to Henrietta right now so I can join Gansey's hunt for Glendower. If you feel confused right now, go read this series and come back when it makes sense. This is book three of four, so start with The Raven Boys
before picking up this one! I also highly recommend the audiobooks, they are narrated by Will Patton, who does an incredible job.

I read tons of other books I loved this year, which you can check out on my reading spreadsheet. I keep track of everything I read here, and it goes all the way back to 2012. You can also follow me on Goodreads here.

Have you read any of these? What are your favorite books from 2014? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS