Laura Multitasks!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

A fish out of water

Asthma is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever been diagnosed with, and I have been diagnosed with a lot of stuff.

I thought endometriosis was the worst, but even having major surgery was a walk in the park compared to sitting all day on the couch, straining to pull air into my seriously deflated lungs.

I can't concentrate, I can't read, knit, or even really sleep. It is like all those dreams I have had for the last year of being smothered are coming true in real life, and this is not a fun experience for me.

I went to the doctor again yesterday and left with more drugs than Woodstock. He said this treatment would keep what I call The Alien Baby from trying to burst out of my chest as I work on making myself a nice, Laura-shaped dent in the sofa cushions. I hope so.

In the meantime, I have been shopping online. I have been fiddling with little mini-projects, like learning to cast on for the toe of a sock using the Eastern Method in the new summer 2007 IK. I think it would have been pretty funny to watch, I've never grumbled quite as much as while working with four needles and eight stitches.

Now that I am feeling just a tad better, today (I'm off the medicine that made The Alien Baby grow) I am about to start on the massive stack of papers I need to write for all the classes I have been neglecting.

I have to:
  1. Write a lesson plan
  2. Write a paper on my field experience
  3. Write an essay about ethical journalism (which I doubt really exists)
  4. Read a bunch of chapters in varied texts in preparation for the finals which are...next week
  5. Think thoughts to foster healing which will allow survival through the next week and beyond

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS