Laura Multitasks!

Monday, February 24, 2014

I Am Not a Beauty Blogger, and It Shows.

This week I am responsible for chickens.*

I spent the weekend realizing that the eye cream I was using was not moisturizing my skin enough, or at all. Who can tell when it is so dry at my house and out in the world? Right now moisturizing my skin is like dumping a bottle of water on the desert sand. The water is absorbed into the sand or the cracked soil, and then it is gone as if you'd never been there with your water bottle and good intentions. I went to Ulta and came back with this:

© 2014 Benefit Cosmetics, LLC

This is It's Potent! Eye Cream from Benefit. It came highly recommended by Kate on The Small Things Blog. And I trust Kate. So, I splurged.

If anyone needs help with under-eye circles, puffiness, swelling, redness, purple-ness, SWELLING, and other unpleasant things, It's me. Also my family, but I don't take care of their under-eye circles. I only take care of mine. And believe me when I tell you, I spend most of my mornings trying to use massive amounts of concealer to hide the under-eye circles, which cannot be concealed at all because concealer hides color, but it does not hide topography.

Sometimes I wake up and think, "Was I punched in the face?" And then I realize that's just the way my skin looks.

I had been using eye serum by Simple, which is a company from the UK that I absolutely love. Jennifer introduced me to them. Their eye serum is scentless, moisturizing, and fast-absorbing, but it is not enough. Nothing is enough. I'm still using it during the daytime under makeup (yes, under makeup, Essie Button says it is okay.), but I switched it out for the Benefit at night.

So far, I'm liking the Benefit cream. Nothing hurts, I have had not spontaneous hives or chemical burns.** Its not greasy or overly fragrant, it absorbs into the skin well. It's actually providing my skin with enough moisture, too. That's a nice change. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep staring at myself in the mirror to see if it's actually decreased any puffiness or if this is just my face. This is probably just my face. But at least my skin won't be so itchy and dry anymore!

Think of me and the chickens this week, and hope with me that this cream will help me convince people that I really feel okay, and yes, I did get a good night's sleep.***

* No, really. I'm really responsible for chickens. Also two dogs. I'm sure there will be more on this later. At the very least, chicken pictures on Twitter and maybe Facebook.

** Note that hives and chemical burns HAVE occurred when using other skincare products and are the cause of my obsession with products designed for sensitive skin.

*** Lots of times, people try to convince me I'm not feeling well or that I'm not sleeping well. This is because of paleness and the under-eye circles. But really, this is just my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS