Laura Multitasks!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

In which there is a change of venue

After the tragic frogging of Spina Di Pesce, I was without a sock to knit (especially since I will have to frog Digitessa since it has the same problem with yarn scarcity. Digitessa would not work with stripes).

I spent the evening toying with a few different ideas, then settled down to knit this. It is Cablenet, designed by Ariel Barton for Knitty a few years ago. It is a lovely sock, I think.

However, since I cannot knit anything without changing it somehow, I am knitting the knit stitches through the back loop as an homage to the socks this yarn might have been. I find it makes cables pop nicely. I like it.

I am knitting the small size with size two needles (because my gauge is too tight for size one needles. Funny how me and my narrow feet have to knit like I have wide, wide feet).

I will have pictures when the pattern has developed far enough to be visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS