Laura Multitasks!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sock Update!

I owe you a blog post, but I've been so busy knitting the Halloween socks, I have barely had time for anything else. So instead you get a Halloween (and Halloween sock) update. Jennifer and I went shopping yesterday for craft supplies so I can make my bat headband and other bits my costume needs before Halloween. I needed an over-sized sweater (I went with this one from Target in the color Copper Bangle), tights (which are sparkly black), and I also ended up with a posable spider (mine is actually smaller than this one, and not available online) and gold nail polish.

I tried to make a backdrop out of two pieces of black felt. But it failed.

Yes, I am dressing up for Halloween. The ensemble also includes a striped dress I have in my closet. Because tights are not pants.

I'm helping out a friend at her art studio. There are going to be kids crafts, a s'mores bar, photography, and then me, in a black-lit room, with Halloween story hour. And all the volunteers are dressing like witches, but not just witches: KOOKY witches.

What does that mean? It means that instead of being all in dark clothes with witch hats, we'll be in bright colors and layers and polka dots and stripes. I am slightly frightened that I don't know how to be kooky. At least, I don't know how to DRESS kooky.

If I'd had my way, I would have chopped my hair off, dyed it pink, and gone as Tonks from the Harry Potter books. I could totally pull off pink hair. Right?

We'll see how this costume thing goes for me. This is the first time I've actually planned out a costume for Halloween. We didn't do Halloween when I was a kid. I know, I was deprived. Basically, any reason why you tell your kid they can't dress up like Laura Ingalls from the Little House on the Prairie book is a bad reason.

The first Halloween sock is done, though. I have one week to knit the second one. I already finished the cuff. Progress is being made.

Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS