Laura Multitasks!

Friday, August 29, 2014

August Favorites

I have been crazy busy this month and therefore LISTENING to books instead of reading them. That isn't going to stop me from starting up this series, though. I'm going to feature my Favorite Fiction during the last week of every month. Just try to stop me.

New Release:


The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen




This is the first of a trilogy by Johansen, and it has everything you'd want in a great fantasy. The characters are dynamic and not-at-all cliche. Kelsea, the protagonist, isn't magically good at everything she tries, she isn't suddenly everyone's favorite just because she's queen, and she isn't even a pretty princess. This book actually made it into my TBR list after I read a piece Erika Johansen wrote for BuzzFeed. The Queen of the Tearling happened to be on our new book shelf at the library just waiting for me, so I checked it out. I couldn't put it down. I think that was an annoyance to the people who tried to talk to me this month, because I didn't really want to listen. I read this and then read it again right afterward, which doesn't add to my Goodreads total for the year. That is distressing.

Goodreads doesn't understand my life.

The only distressing thing is that I'll be waiting quite a long time for book two.

Oldie but a Goodie:


The Tiffany Aching books by Terry Pratchett.


Tiffany Aching by Alda-Rana. The little blue men are Feegles. Don't call them fairies.

I'm going through all these again, this time on audio. I love Tiffany. Stephen Briggs is the narrator for this series and for many of Pratchett's books. I highly recommend him. He does a brilliant job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS