Laura Multitasks!

Monday, July 20, 2015

TEA

There are some days when one cup of tea is entirely too little tea to see me through the morning, and today is one of those mornings.

It began yesterday when I made sponge cake and also pastry cream and then the recipe said wait two hours before the next part of this recipe, and I thought okay, sure, and then I sat down and the next thing I knew I was waking up from an unnecessary two hour nap.

Then I had dinner and did my laundry and went on with my day, all the while knowing what horror would await me, and then I tried to sleep, and I couldn't fall asleep until one. Then I heard Dad moving around while he was getting ready to see Dr. Liver (not his real name), and I "woke up" but did not open my eyes because they were already open. And now I have decided I was sleeping with my eyes open, which is creepy. And drying.

And I tried to really fall back asleep, but I am not sure I was entirely successful. I mean, I could have fallen back to sleep. But I can't tell. All I know is that my eyes are super dry and there is just no way there is enough tea to compensate for the lack of sleep that happened last night. And there are children in the world, children that will come to the library, and I'm thinking I will have to take some tea to drink at work, because life just isn't working today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS