Laura Multitasks!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Marauder's Map Shirt, Part 1

The Marauder's Map shirt is still a work in progress. I worked on the front yesterday, and it was way more labor-intensive than I thought it would be. I ended up glad that the library was closed yesterday (another snow day), because I realized by the evening that I would never have finished the shirt for Saturday if I hadn't had a full day to spend on it.

Here is the back. One arm is finished as well.

Embedded image permalink

It was a lot of work, mostly because if you look closely at the rooms on the replica of the Marauder's Map, you'll notice that the shapes aren't really drawn with lines, they're a Latin (or Latin-like) phrase written over and over again, some right-side up, some upside down, all in script. I wrote it out so many times. So many, many times.

Yesterday I worked on the front.

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

And eventually ended up with the front the way I like it. I have to add in the Whomping Willow and the flags and pennants, and the paths leading out of the doors. But I think it turned out much better than I thought it would.

Still, I have reached the point in this project where I now think it sucks, I suck, and it will never be finished. I also think that, if by some miracle it IS finished, I will look like a freak wearing it, because I am a freak and only weird people make Marauder's Map shirts, even sucky ones.

In short, it's therapy time. Lots of therapy. So much therapy.

More work tonight, more work Friday, and it should be finished. And then I can check myself in to a mental health facility, so I can work through all this need for perfection and this endless sense of inadequacy that plagues me. Either that or I'll go to comic con in Indy. One of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS